Ok Everybody, the weather has been crazy and it seems like everywhere I go the lightening strikes so close!
I was in Boonville yesterday and I was setting a package on a friend’s stoop and
all of a sudden a Bright White Flash struck so close and then an Immediate KA-BOOM!!!
I totally freaked out and got to the car FAST!!!
I called my friend, who was heading back to the house and he said, “You Must take shelter! On the hill where our
house sits, our chimney has been struck, the cattle in the field have been struck. We have had several trees
struck! ” I got chills up my spine when he told me all of this! The hairs on my neck were standing up!!
So this brings me to YOU-THE HOME OWNERS!!
Keeping your home from going Ka-BOOM is what I want to talk about!
Is it bonded properly and do you know why this is a safety hazard if not bonded properly?
Here is a picture of it!
It is the yellow tubing connected to your black iron gas line!
A nearby lightning strike that does not strike a structure directly
can cause all electrically conductive systems
in the structure; your home, to become energized.
Thus possibly causing an Explosion!
Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) should be electrically bonded
as required by the manufacturer.
The bonding conductor should be permanently and directly connected to
the electrical service equipment enclosure,
the grounding conductor at the electrical service,
the grounding electrode conductor, or to one or more of the grounding electrodes used.
Recommend repairs by a qualified electrician.
For further information on this important safety upgrade, visit
Helping You Discover the Health of Your Home