This is why it is so important that Spradling Home Inspections, LLC
Inspects Your Home!!
This is a joist holding up the main floor and now it has been
compromised because it has been cut to accommodate the plumbing!
There is nothing holding up the toilet above!
Now when you sit on the toilet the floor will fall through!!!!
Yes this actually happens more than you realize in homes!
We do not think that plumbers do this on purpose, they just are
trying to get things done and do not realize sometimes that
what they might do will cause major problems. It could have been an oversight
but it will come back to HAUNT the Home Owner Soon After Moving In!!
You will hear Jeff Howell’s story about the horrors under his floor!
I was in Boonville yesterday and I was setting a package on a friend’s stoop and
all of a sudden a Bright White Flash struck so close and then an Immediate KA-BOOM!!!
I totally freaked out and got to the car FAST!!!
I called my friend, who was heading back to the house and he said, “You Must take shelter! On the hill where our
house sits, our chimney has been struck, the cattle in the field have been struck. We have had several trees
struck! ” I got chills up my spine when he told me all of this! The hairs on my neck were standing up!!
Keeping your home from going Ka-BOOM is what I want to talk about!
We have found all kinds of “Totally Shocking” things when inspecting homes!
One time we were inspecting an electrical panel in a garage and on the outside wall above
the panel was the hose bib! The hose bib had frozen during the winter and the valve was dripping onto the panel!
Imagine our SHOCK when we saw that!!! SAFETY HAZARD INDEED!!
Electrical Panels Can Be Totally Shocking!
So Check Out What Was Caught By Surprise When We Opened this Electrical Panel!!!
Mice love to chew on EVERYTHING! They chew the coverings off of
electrical wires exposing the electrical current which can cause fire!
Here are pictures of the openings in an electrical panel called,
“knockouts” and they are not closed off with approved clamps or bushings!
The Wires In This Panel Have Been Chewed Through!
This is Why You Need Spradling Home Inspections, LLC
1. The heat ex-changer on the furnace is cracked which would cause carbon monoxide poisoning which can cause death.
2. There is inadequate clearance between the furnace flue and combustible materials which could cause fire.
1. Gas Service Lines: Black iron piping and copper tubing; Copper tubing and flare fittings are no longer approved
for use with natural gas. Again a Gas Leak potential.
2. CSST: Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing: Must be electrically bonded to prevent burn through in the event of
a nearby lightening strike. CSSTSafety.com
1. The main lugs are double tapped in a 100 amp panel. Electrical fire.
2. 120 VAC Branch Circuits: Copper; Rodent damage to the wiring in the panel was observed. Fire Hazard.
1. Broken fire brick liners were observed. This can cause carbon monoxide poisoning or fire in the home.
2. Heavy creosote deposits in the flue of your fireplace chimney. This is a fire hazard.
We told our clients that they needed to have their water tested for toxins, especially LEAD.
Little did they know that the property next door used to be a junk yard.
We have been living in Columbia since we were born and we were aware
of many areas of Boone County that were dumps.
Since, we knew what used to be next door to the House we were inspecting we told our clients
that they definitely needed to do water tests for these toxic elements:
acid from batteries
It is important to be educated on where your water comes from.
How old is the infrastructure that is providing your home with safe drinking water?
There are many stories of families who have been exposed to lead from drinking
water from their water supply in their homes and their children
becoming very sick!
Contact your local water supplier or
the Missouri Department of Natural Resources Public Drinking Water Branch (573-751-5331) or
BUT BIRDS CAN BE A PAIN IN YOUR HOUSE!
Check This One Out! He/She is just making Your Home Theirs!
We came across the craziest site ever! The duct work was in the attic but no roof.
The job site had boards everywhere with nails sticking out of what looked
like pulled off roof boards and lumber sprawled everywhere!
Nails were scattered all over the premises. It was CRAZY!
Check out the List of Problems That Can Occur to All the Situations Listed ABOVE:
Imagine being outside in the sun playing in the sprinkler or sipping tea reading a book but Uh Oh you forgot to wear sunscreen
and now your skin is burning and your are as red as a lobster. Aside from your skin turning red your are also going to become
dry and the moisture from your skin will become depleted quickly!
This can become costly:
Blistering of Shingles
Deterioration of floor boards on decks and stairs
Overheated Concrete that chips and buckles
What Do You Mean?
I do not want to have a Flooded Basement-ANYTIME!
Then when it rains hard, your dry soil will not
absorb the moisture that fast; therefore running all the way down into your
basement. Possibly flooding, leaking, or staining the walls causing a host of problems!
Everyone thinks, “Oh this only happens to other families, not us!”
Not true it can happen to YOU!
All these components are important for healthy living!