Mark Parlee the Building Consultant spoke and had an amazing Power Point!
Meyerworks, LLC Jim and Lisa Meyer provided our breakfast
Dan Burke, President Elect,
Keith Proctor, President
John Watkins, Past President
Joshua Hoyes, Treasurer
Melanie Spradling, 2019 Secretary, ASHI #259803 Owner of Spradling Home Inspections, LLC
Mike Rawlings, Web Master
Josh Hoyes and Jay Creasy getting ready for the Seminar.
Eric Metzdorf talking to Bobbi Wilson
A gentleman from Topeka Kansas talking to Dan Burke.
We went to Wyoming for a week! We get to stay in what we call the Gnome Home!
The Gnome Home is a guest house decorated full of Gnomes that our Aunt and Uncle have.
When their kids, grandkids and we come up, we can stay there!
It is so beautiful where is sits, by the Windriver which flows right next to the cabin!
Our Uncle and Aunt’s Cabin is right next door.
In the Gnome Home there is a cool propane fireplace inside. Uncle Jack always
has us open a window to provide fresh air for combustion.
I know Uncle Jack does not want to have his best guests,
get sick or something else terrible, because he loves us.
Make sure: (You Do This In Your Homes; But Do You Do This On Your Vacation?)
In loving memory of the Sharp Family
It is Important Before the Next Heating Season to Confidently Know that Your
Furnace is in Great Condition.
You will receive confirmation emails on when and an inspection agreement to tell you what we are doing.
Corentium Pro Radon Testing Machines
Stay Away from Lung CANCER
Do not get stuck with termite damage.
OH MY GOSH!!!
When it is not raining we always do roof inspections by climbing on the roof!
So many home owners do not know that their Dryer vents, vent out the roof!
Check out these vents from some Home Inspections we have done!
I was reading up on things to look for that are signs of a clogged dryer vent,
but it dawned on me that no matter what, our dryer vents need to be cleaned
every 6 months or more dependant on the number of people in the household.
This is the best way to prevent problems!
However, here are several ways to know the signs of a clogged dryer vent:
Total length of a dryer vent through the attic should not exceed 25 feet and it should be smooth metal,
so that the lint does collect in the vent. Plus it is much easier to clean.
Details we know to look for during your home inspection!
A cool tip is you can collect the lint for your camping trips! It makes a great fire starter!
Call Melanie 573-268-0780
This is why it is so important that Spradling Home Inspections, LLC
Inspects Your Home!!
This is a joist holding up the main floor and now it has been
compromised because it has been cut to accommodate the plumbing!
There is nothing holding up the toilet above!
Now when you sit on the toilet the floor will fall through!!!!
Yes this actually happens more than you realize in homes!
We do not think that plumbers do this on purpose, they just are
trying to get things done and do not realize sometimes that
what they might do will cause major problems. It could have been an oversight
but it will come back to HAUNT the Home Owner Soon After Moving In!!
You will hear Jeff Howell’s story about the horrors under his floor!
I was in Boonville yesterday and I was setting a package on a friend’s stoop and
all of a sudden a Bright White Flash struck so close and then an Immediate KA-BOOM!!!
I totally freaked out and got to the car FAST!!!
I called my friend, who was heading back to the house and he said, “You Must take shelter! On the hill where our
house sits, our chimney has been struck, the cattle in the field have been struck. We have had several trees
struck! ” I got chills up my spine when he told me all of this! The hairs on my neck were standing up!!
Keeping your home from going Ka-BOOM is what I want to talk about!
We have found all kinds of “Totally Shocking” things when inspecting homes!
One time we were inspecting an electrical panel in a garage and on the outside wall above
the panel was the hose bib! The hose bib had frozen during the winter and the valve was dripping onto the panel!
Imagine our SHOCK when we saw that!!! SAFETY HAZARD INDEED!!
Electrical Panels Can Be Totally Shocking!
So Check Out What Was Caught By Surprise When We Opened this Electrical Panel!!!
Mice love to chew on EVERYTHING! They chew the coverings off of
electrical wires exposing the electrical current which can cause fire!
Here are pictures of the openings in an electrical panel called,
“knockouts” and they are not closed off with approved clamps or bushings!
The Wires In This Panel Have Been Chewed Through!
This is Why You Need Spradling Home Inspections, LLC
1. The heat ex-changer on the furnace is cracked which would cause carbon monoxide poisoning which can cause death.
2. There is inadequate clearance between the furnace flue and combustible materials which could cause fire.
1. Gas Service Lines: Black iron piping and copper tubing; Copper tubing and flare fittings are no longer approved
for use with natural gas. Again a Gas Leak potential.
2. CSST: Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing: Must be electrically bonded to prevent burn through in the event of
a nearby lightening strike. CSSTSafety.com
1. The main lugs are double tapped in a 100 amp panel. Electrical fire.
2. 120 VAC Branch Circuits: Copper; Rodent damage to the wiring in the panel was observed. Fire Hazard.
1. Broken fire brick liners were observed. This can cause carbon monoxide poisoning or fire in the home.
2. Heavy creosote deposits in the flue of your fireplace chimney. This is a fire hazard.
We told our clients that they needed to have their water tested for toxins, especially LEAD.
Little did they know that the property next door used to be a junk yard.
We have been living in Columbia since we were born and we were aware
of many areas of Boone County that were dumps.
Since, we knew what used to be next door to the House we were inspecting we told our clients
that they definitely needed to do water tests for these toxic elements:
acid from batteries
It is important to be educated on where your water comes from.
How old is the infrastructure that is providing your home with safe drinking water?
There are many stories of families who have been exposed to lead from drinking
water from their water supply in their homes and their children
becoming very sick!
Contact your local water supplier or
the Missouri Department of Natural Resources Public Drinking Water Branch (573-751-5331) or